X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justphil
    • Nov 2010

Tritrix question

In the plans on Curts site there are 3 sizes listed for the sealed. A 7 liter, 10 liter and 15 liter. What is the benefit sound wise by increasing the volume of the cab?
  • mackintire
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by justphil
    In the plans on Curts site there are 3 sizes listed for the sealed. A 7 liter, 10 liter and 15 liter. What is the benefit sound wise by increasing the volume of the cab?
    Typically more lower bass extension. But I wouldn't think that you'll gain anything significant. On his site Curt suggests you use the smaller volume box for greater power handling if you are going sealed.

But if you're really looking for bass you should consider the TL box version of the Tritrix.

Parts Express TriTrix MTM TL Knock-Down CNC Speaker Cabinet PairThe 3/4" MDF construction utilized by the TriTrix knock-down cabinets ensures maximally damped enclosures to prevent annoying resonances that color the sound. The speaker cabinets ship unassembled, but are simple, quick, and easy to construct by simply following the instructions in the video above. Wood screws included. Sold in pairs.Note: Wood glue recommended (not included). Use of wood clamps is also recommended.

Click image for larger version

Name:	300-701_HR_0.default.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	948359

Click image for larger version

Name:	TriTrix_TriuneTLenclosuredwg.gif
Views:	26
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	948358

Here's a build and review thread on them: https://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37387

Enjoy! :T
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 19:48 Thursday. Reason: Update image location and update htguide url

Comment

• justphil
      • Nov 2010

Well I have a Table Tuba sub for my low end so extension isnt critical. I think I will build the 10 liter box then. I have a Denon AVR1610 which is 75watts per channel. Will this drive the Tritrixes sufficiently?

Comment

• rdrowley
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by justphil
        Well I have a Table Tuba sub for my low end so extension isnt critical. I think I will build the 10 liter box then. I have a Denon AVR1610 which is 75watts per channel. Will this drive the Tritrixes sufficiently?
        Absolutely. It should be plenty of power. If your sub is very non-directional at 100Hz I would cross over your speakers at 100Hz. You can do 80Hz, but it might push your sealed versions just a bit.
        -Ryan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"