Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scareurpasenger
    • Jan 2017

Guitar cabinet build inspired by two rock

Next up is a custom guitar cabinet for my brother in law. I showed him the bamboo plywood and we agreed it would make a handsome cab. The design is inspired by the two rock 2x12 cab but will be setup to stand vertical or horizontal. Threaded inserts will be used throughout and a retro speaker cloth will be used to give it a 70s vibe.

This is also my first time using my leigh dovetail jig but I will be using it for the box joints this time around. It was purchased second hand and I bought the d4r pro upgrade kit. I just finished the upgrade today and made the spacers as well as a test joint to determine how much the joints need to be tightened. I think it will be very interesting looking with the roundover. The front frame material is tbd but I think I might be able to source some stranded bamboo flooring to match from floor and decor.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Cool beans! Which drivers are going to be used? and what kind of music does your brother in law play? (big impact on selecting the drivers- for example, in just one brand, Celesion, Vintage 30's versus Greenbacks)
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Scareurpasenger
      • Jan 2017

Celesion heritage is what he purchased based on reading about the drivers. He is in an 80s cover band so lots of variety.

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Well, of course, you know inquiring minds are curious if he got the Heritage G12M, G12H(55), or G12H(75)? These recreations have similar voicing to what Marshall was using in 4x12 cabinets back when Hendrix was in his prime, to give an idea of the timing. But they vary in their emphasis of the spectrum; the (75) has a tighter more subdued bottom end (higher Fs- that's what the 75 refers to) and is balanced more towards the top end.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Scareurpasenger
          • Jan 2017

G12 65 is what the order shows. I am just the woodworker for this one. The back will be removable to either be semi open or closed.

Comment

• Scareurpasenger
            • Jan 2017

Starting on the front frame. I looked all over for a matching wood. I was in woodcraft for an hour and gave up. Then when I got home I took another pass at my inventory and found that ipe is almost a perfect match. I had salvaged some flooring from someone upgrading a 3 season room that was upgrading to pressure treated pine… After milling it was just shy of 3/4 and seems to be in good shape.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"