X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain Cojo
    • Oct 2004

CJD RS 3-way tower, Modula MTM HT up & running

Greetings to all. Been gone a while. Family illness...
    But Im now running my home theater with 2 completed projects-first were jons amazing Modula MTMs, which became my rears. Unfortunately, they didnt match well with my turbo Dahlquist DQ-10s (dynnaudio, morel and peerless drivers) and were unable to handle my large room. Chris, Brian and I had a running dialogue about a 3-way design, which both Brian and Chris built.
    My parts sat for over a year. Well, I have finally built the 3-ways, and am extremely excited as to the way they sound together. I will be posting pictures of the construction and evolution soon.
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

Wow. Sorry to hear about the family stuff, hope it's all worked out.

I was staring at mine the other day wondering if you'd ever gotten 'round to yours. Glad to hear they sound good.

You can do the 3-way WTMW center crossover option I did, should match up well voicing-wise. If you want a center. :P

C
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Brian Bunge
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2001

Yeah, sorry about the family issues. Glad you got the speakers finally built. I know the time I put into mine was well worth it. I've got the cabinet built for the center, all the drivers and crossover parts. I just haven't gotten around to finishing it.

BTW, Chris, do you remember how much baffle step is built into that design? Mine will be on top of my Pioneer Elite 53" HDTV.

Comment

• Captain Cojo
        • Oct 2004

Center is next...after I rebuild the tv stand with my 2 avalanche 15s. If I could figure out how to post some pics I would...my son will be home in a couple of days who is waaayyy more computer savy than me.He'll help me out. Mabey I should by a Mac.....

Anyway, I have had them running since yesterday. Ive probably got 8 hours of listening in so far...Chris Isaak is almost spooky with the depth and clarity that Im hearing. I really am blown away at how good these all sound together. Jackson Browne, David Lindley (EL Rayo X), Jack Johnson, Dire Straights (SACD 5 channel).....absolutely the best I have ever heard on any system. I work near Newport Coast (where Kobe and Dean Koontz live) and had a chance to visit the listening room of the local high-end audio store that is installing most of the systems in that neighborhood. The owner was nice enough to play some of the same material for me through their $50,000 front speakers (forgot what brand). I have to tell you, as good as they sounded, I believe that what I have in my A/V room sounds every bit as good.

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Captain Cojo
          Mabey I should by a Mac.....
          Doesn't really make it any easier.

Brian, I don't remember what kind of baffle step those have, but it's probably 3-4dB - that's how I usually run on centers since they're usually less ideally placed.

C
          diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"