X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralphs99
    • Jul 2005

Aeropanel acoustic absorber

I've built myself some acoustic absorbers. They help to control the sound being reflected off the rear wall behind the listening position.
    The overall dimesions are 1m high, 1.2m wide and 160mm deep. It's a broadband design and is effective down to about 150Hz becoming acoustically transparent below 100Hz.
    It looks very striking and suits a modern decor. It also works very well! For anyone that has a similar problem where they are forced to have their listening position close to the rear wall, an absorber of this type is very effective.

There's a lot more information on a new web page devoted to it. Check it out! https://web.archive.org/web/20061110...20Absorber.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	Acoustic%20Panel%20001%20-50perc.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	948376

Cheers, Ralph.
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 20:07 Thursday. Reason: Update image location
    Aeronet research pages
    Acoustic, Electronic & Speaker Design
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks good..... :T

I have a 1/2 wall behind the listening position that's treated and it makes a big difference.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

Nice looking panel, Ralph. It looks like a good candidate for a CNC router. I hate to think about routing all those slots by hand.

Comment

• Scott Simonian
        • Nov 2004

Could u use something like this if the rear wall is farther away? My rear wall is about five or six feet away and its in dire need a some acoustic treatment.

Well, so is the rest of my room.
        My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Scott for that distance you might consider a mix of diffusion and traps.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ralphs99
            • Jul 2005

Thanks for the kind words. This is definitely a CNC job! The results look the part too. My wood-working skills are pretty average, and the CNC slots look superbly straight. Much better than I could produce even with a jig.

Scott, for your room, you probably need to be a bit more specific as to your acoustic problems. It's hard to say if an absorber like mine is the most appropriate device for your listening room.

Cheers, Ralph
            Aeronet research pages
            Acoustic, Electronic & Speaker Design

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"