X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EastCoaster
    • Jan 2006

An HTM4 "Uplift"?

Howdy y'all!

Here's another quick question! My HTM4 is currently enjoying its restful spot right under my TV, in a semi "open-air" environment (i.e., the only item resting on a shelf on a really big TV stand). The tweeter on this center is aimed at my belly button, which is not optimal... :W I'd like to raise the front of the center a bit to face the tweeter right at my face! Has anyone seen an accessory which can do that? (maybe some kind of a shelf or spike system that can rest on glass?)

The closest I've come so far is thinking I can even use my keyboard's wrist rest to elevate the speaker's front - but I'd rather use something a bit more, ehhhmmmm, professional! :lol:
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

I've used a pair of door stops before, but that was to angle my Nautilus HTM2 downward, so they were out of sight. Still, it's a cheap and effective solution. Pushed back far enough from the front, they would be difficult to see.

Comment

• texasbwfan
      • Sep 2005

Does the HTM4 not come with rubber feet? I've used the rubber pieces that came with my HTM3 to angle my center down (sitting on top of the tv). Instead of installing all of the rubber feet...just install them on the back portion of your center which will force the center to sit back and aim at your face. Hope this works,
      texasbwfan

Comment

• EastCoaster
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mark_C.
        I've used a pair of door stops before, but that was to angle my Nautilus HTM2 downward, so they were out of sight. Still, it's a cheap and effective solution. Pushed back far enough from the front, they would be difficult to see.
        Hi Mark - yeah - nice idea! Maybe I can find a door stop in the right color - thanks! But I wonder if there's something that's made specifically for the purpose of such up-lift?

Comment

• EastCoaster
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by texasbwfan
          Does the HTM4 not come with rubber feet? I've used the rubber pieces that came with my HTM3 to angle my center down (sitting on top of the tv). Instead of installing all of the rubber feet...just install them on the back portion of your center which will force the center to sit back and aim at your face. Hope this works,
          Thanks Tex - unfortunately the HTM4 doesn't come with rubber feet - but you did just give me an idea, as my sub did! But I'm not sure I'd get enough "uplift" as the little guys are really slim...

Comment

• shades
            • Mar 2005

I used what mark used, 2 black rubber door stops from home depot, and they worked great. You can use them in the back or in the front, but the latter you will see. Or just get sound anchor's front stand and you should be fine.
            B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• akhter
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by EastCoaster
              Howdy y'all!

Here's another quick question! My HTM4 is currently enjoying its restful spot right under my TV, in a semi "open-air" environment (i.e., the only item resting on a shelf on a really big TV stand). The tweeter on this center is aimed at my belly button, which is not optimal... :W I'd like to raise the front of the center a bit to face the tweeter right at my face! Has anyone seen an accessory which can do that? (maybe some kind of a shelf or spike system that can rest on glass?)

The closest I've come so far is thinking I can even use my keyboard's wrist rest to elevate the speaker's front - but I'd rather use something a bit more, ehhhmmmm, professional! :lol:
              I'd use vibrapods:

isolator, audio isolator, vibration, vibration isolator, vibration isolation, audio isolation, video

They are cheap. Also I happend to have a few lying around

Comment

• worldys
                • Dec 2005

i tilted an htm1 downwards with 2 rubber feet upfront and one black diamond racing cone in back

Comment

• EastCoaster
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by akhter
                  I'd use vibrapods:

isolator, audio isolator, vibration, vibration isolator, vibration isolation, audio isolation, video

They are cheap. Also I happend to have a few lying around
                  These looks cool - thanks! But when I read the info on the website, it said that they leave "rings" on wood and similar material - I wonder if they will leave a ring underside the speaker...?

Comment

• EastCoaster
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by shades
                    I used what mark used, 2 black rubber door stops from home depot, and they worked great. You can use them in the back or in the front, but the latter you will see. Or just get sound anchor's front stand and you should be fine.
                    Okay - I think that's what I may have to use - let's see what they look like! Thanks!

Comment

• grit
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by EastCoaster
                      These looks cool - thanks! But when I read the info on the website, it said that they leave "rings" on wood and similar material - I wonder if they will leave a ring underside the speaker...?
                      I was looking at the Vibrapod website about those rings... did you see what they suggest putting under them??

VIBRAPOD Isolators may leave rings on woods, acrylics, and painted surfaces. They may also dissolve the paint, especially if it is lacquer. To protect these surfaces and your equipment please use BAR COASTERS or PLAYING CARDS between the VIBRAPOD Isolators and these surfaces. AOL Discs work well too.
                      LOL!

Comment

• EastCoaster
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by grit
                        I was looking at the Vibrapod website about those rings... did you see what they suggest putting under them??

LOL!
                        Yes - AOL discs! Funny Stuff! But I'm not sure about these...

It says it will "melt" stuff, and I sure wouldn't want my HTM to melt... :E

Comment

• grit
                          • Jan 2005

I know this'll sound ghetto, but try Home Depot (or other hardware-type store), and be creative in your implimentation.

I received 2 pairs of rubber 'feet' with my Aerial center channel. They black rubber cylinders, about 3/4" in diameter. They are flat on one side and hemispherical on the other. The flat side goes toward the shelf and the hemisphere side goes toward the speaker. No melting of any kind, and it accomplishes the task without drawing attention. They do not seem like they're something that is custom made for Aerial.

BTW, it also came with small adhesive rubber 'dots' that you can get at any Home Depot (or similar) which I have on the back.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"