X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

best way to use Krell amp with 803N

Hey all

Just took possion of a Krell 5 channel home theater standard last week, everything is hooked up, but waiting on some XLR Y 's to bi-amp my 803N,( which are most likely going to turn into 802D's in the near future, upgraditis has a full hold on me) , anyway

i was wanting some opinions, as i noticed i could switch 4 of the Krell channels into 2, thus doubling it to 400 watts at 8ohms, and like all amps doubling again at 4 ohms to 800

or do you think the bi-amp way would be a better approach,

i know it's somewhat speculative, just want some opinions

on a side note, just running it bi-wired thru 2 channels, comparing it to the kav3250 i was using, which is now relegated to rear surrounds and rear center, even though it is rated at the same watt's, the theater standard really add's a noticable difference in sound quality

i can only imagibe what it will be like when i can use all it's power

thanks

Kurt
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

IMHO Biamp is better than 2x400 reasoning being that you are not getter more quality but just more power (+dbs) where as biamping might add some quality

200w is plenty for the 803

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"