705's with htm7 with BA Bravo II - can this work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

705's with htm7 with BA Bravo II - can this work?

Is it possible to match a pair of Boston Acoustic Bravo II's as surround speakers with a pair 705s and htm7?

specs of BA's can be found at:

Recommended Amplifier Power
    15-125 watts

Nominal Impedance
    8 ohms

Frequency Response (3dB)
    80Hz-20kHz

Bass Unit
    4½" (115mm)

Crossover Frequency
    3000Hz

Dimensions (HxWxD)
    14-1/4 x 6-1/2 x 5-1/4" (362 x 166 x 134mm)

Finish
    Black, White, or Silver with matching metal grille cloth

Sensitivity (1 watt (2.83v) at 1m)
    89dB

Tweeter
    1" (25mm) aluminum dome with AMD

Weight
    5 lbs (2.25kg)

Assuming its possible, is it also possible to use a pv1 sub or best to stick with the aws700?

As you can see probably guess, if possible, we would like to keep the look as minimalistic as possible but at the same time trying to achieve some decent sound.

Thanks in advance,

Julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

anyone???

just curious to know whether the bravo's will compliment the 705s and htm7 or sound totally out of place.

thanks,

julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Stoney
      • Dec 2004

IMHO- for movies, it doesn't matter a lot. Multi-channel music would be a different story.
      Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
      Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
      B&W DM605 S2 Mains
      DM602 S2 Surrounds
      DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
      CC6 S2 Center.
      ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Still to take the plunge on those speakers I see.

Stoney is correct. I was using Aaron ss120s (made in Ballina of all places - $450aus a pair) as surrounds but changed to my old Mordaunt Short MS30s and set the receivers crossover to small at the rear so that they were not being fed too much bass. Cutting out the bass was important as the 705s and my sub have clean quality bass and the MS30s were adding flabby bass.

Using the Ms30s improved mids and highs to make for a more balanced overall sound and this was most noticable on surround music when the recording sends vocals or instruments to the back. Otherwise the Aarons did an adequate job, although I do not think they would meet your needs as they are little black boxes. I would have a look at Mordaunt shorts current offerings as the do good value inexpensive speakers - not sure how much they ask for their lifestyle speakers though.

I would just make sure the Bostons have a clean sound so that they do not muddy up the overall sound.

re the sub - I tried the 675 (700 in different clothing) against the PV1 and they have different characters. Both are very good. The PV1s bass is cleaner and generally superior, particularly for music (it doesn't just look pretty). The 700(675) sounds more muscular because the bass is not as clean. PV1 is excellent value in Australia. In the UK it is about the same price as the 700 and it has superior technology in many ways. Personally I would go with the PV1, but its really a matter of personal taste. Most dealers would let you change your PV1 for the 700 if you found its sound too clean for your taste.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"