X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smjc99
    • Mar 2006

802D at low volume

I was wondering the ability of a spkr like 802 Sounding with classe AMp like 5200 at low and hig volumes

Does an 802D sound/reveal more detail at medium and high volumes only or is it equally good at low to moderate volumes?

Is this more of a function of amplifier capabilities or a Speaker capability?

Would like to hear some opinions from 802/802d/800 series owners

Thanks
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Speaker/room function. In my room, the 802Ds are better at lower volumes than any other speakers I've had in there. Of course, I do prefer to listen louder than that although I am not a head-banger.

Kal
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

I've found the room to be the biggest factor (assuming your amp has enough power to properly drive your speakers).

I haven't heard the 802Ds, but I used to own N802s and I was happy with them at moderate volumes up to where the room became the weak link.
      Danish

Comment

• Guy
        • Jan 2006

Just got my 802Ds a few days ago. They seem to play well at low volumes in my room however I am not using the amp you mentioned. I do however agree that the room will play a big part when listening at any volume.

I can't stop listening to them. :lol: I am becoming anti social :E

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"