Are your friends WOW-ed over by your speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiojunky
    • Mar 2006

Are your friends WOW-ed over by your speakers?

I had purchased a Polk Audio HT setup a few months ago and I remember when my friend came over, they were totally blown away by the sound coming from the movies and they said that we wouldn't have to go to a movie theater ever again.

Recently I got a B&W 804s/ Krell 2-channel setup and the WOW factor seems to be missing. When friends come over, they like the sound and think it sounds extremely clean, but that's about it. It's not that - WOW, this is so cool, which was the case with my Polk Audio setup.

I wonder why this is so. The only logical explanation I have is that a HT system can easily add the WOW factor via impressive sound effects in movies, the 5.1 surround sound adds immersiveness to movies and adds a new dimension to it. Hence, someone viewing it will easily be impressed watching say a Star Wars pod-racer scene.

On the other hand, the 2-channel setup, even though is much more superior in every way, is all about music. So the feeling is more subtle. It's not about super cool sound effects that'll WOW the audience but more about clearer, purer sound.

What do you think? Not that I care - I'm still enjoying the 2-channel music a lot more than the HT setup :B
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

My friends got a wow factor on my b&w 600 series system. now they think I am crazy for upgrading past that because it was already amazing sounding to them. heh. guess some people are easily amused.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• scanido
      • Apr 2006

I woudn't say wowed, but curious! Almost everyone that sees my Black 804S has to grab the tweeters. I hate it! I get so nervous as the tweeters are getting really loose now. When i first got them they were more solid and not loose.

As for sound the girlfriend didn't notice any difference, this was upgrading from a 603S3. I guess it's because i'm still using my Yamaha.

What matters is I get wowed everytime i listen and see them! I love these speakers!

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

Most of the people I know have never heard much better than HTIB. So, any time I have people over for a movie (or just some demo scenes, like the 'Echo Game' from House of Flying Daggers that I played for my friends the other day), they are usually overwhelmed by what they hear. Especially the effect of feeling the bass, rather than just hearing it. Have heard comments such as, "this is the best system I have ever heard...". Makes it all worthwhile, IMO.
        Brad

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sikoniko
          My friends got a wow factor on my b&w 600 series system. now they think I am crazy for upgrading past that because it was already amazing sounding to them. heh. guess some people are easily amused.
          Funny, that is true. I had more compliments with the 600 setup I used to have. Maybe it's because I don't have people over for movies as often anymore. For music, they always like it, but movies were always a better way to show it off to non-enthusiasts.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

When people ask me what speakers I have, I say B&W with Rotel electronics. Their response - "I didn't know the automaker (BMW) sold home speakers and that the tomato maker sold electronis". That adds to the WOW factor.

Comment

• rolski
              • Feb 2005

Firstly, I would ask if your HT & Stereo systems are for YOUR enjoyment, or are you more concerned with what your friends think ?!

Secondly, you've answered your own question - experiencing a decent HT at close-quarters is always impressive for people who are used to the Cinema / Movie Theatre experience as it's so more immersive. Oh, and it's usually better quality both visually & aurally and you don't have to leave home !

Physiologically & psychologically, your primary sense is vision, with hearing secondary, so people watching a in-your-face movie scene that's backed-up with good surround audio get a full-on dose of sensory stimulation - which they don't get with pure stereo. If you close your eyes when you listen to stereo, don't you feel more immersed in the music ?

But, in truth, like most people, I also get a kick out of it when my visitors say "WOW" too....!

Comment

• stewfoo
                • Jul 2005

I am losing the "Wow" factor as well. So, I added another Velodyne DD-18 to my set up below:
                Classe ssp-300,Classe 3200 amp, Classe 2100 amp, Rotel cdp 1072, Rotel 1077 digital 7x100 amp for (in ceilings), Htm3s, 803s, 2x Velodyne DD-18.

I love that BASS!!!!!!!
                Last edited by stewfoo; 25 May 2006, 18:46 Thursday.
                Stew

Comment

• joetama
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by miner
                  When people ask me what speakers I have, I say B&W with Rotel electronics. Their response - "I didn't know the automaker (BMW) sold home speakers and that the tomato maker sold electronis". That adds to the WOW factor.
                  I had that happen once, it was pretty funny. I wanted to smack the person who said it for being so dumb.

I get 50% on the WOW factor usually. People with ears love the 703's. Movies are totally awesome, 601 S3 surround & HTM-7 center, compaired to most of their HTIB systems. However, I had a girl I was pretty serious with and she said she didn't hear anything special with them. Found out later she was tone deaf, dropped her like a bad habbit. I couldn't risk my children begin tone deaf! LOL
                  -Joe

Comment

• shades
                    • Mar 2005

I get the wow factor all the time with my 804S and yes they all go for the mic lol. But the sound is amazing and they all want it until i tell them the price of all the electronics. What...your crazy man.
                    B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• Blindamood
                      • Sep 2003

If you really want to appreciate your system again, go away for a week or so and stay in a lousy hotel with a 25" tv that has really bad color settings and worse sound...just did that over the last weekend, and boy, did my system sound and look awesome when I got home!
                      Brad

Comment

• Nolan B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2005

if you want WOW get a B&W PV1 in black. I dont even have to turn my system on and everyone who comes over is wowed by it. I am considering getting a second PV1 to place next to it...half for sound and half becuase it would look supper cool having two.

Comment

• stewfoo
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Blindamood
                          If you really want to appreciate your system again, go away for a week or so and stay in a lousy hotel with a 25" tv that has really bad color settings and worse sound...just did that over the last weekend, and boy, did my system sound and look awesome when I got home!
                          I am in just such a lousy hotel right now. Thank god for TIVO!
                          Stew

Comment

• Guy
                            • Jan 2006

Wow factor = big screen & big bass for most of the people I show my system to.

Wow factor for me is the B&W 802Ds I just bought. I can't get over how good these sound & look - Bloody expensive but worth it to me. ;x(

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
                              • Mar 2005

It's cool to have people wowed by your system. Lord knows, I've gotten my own kicks out of people having their jaws hit the ground when listening to my systems.

But in the end, it's my opinion that matters most. I don't care what others think. Although it's nice to have validation that I have made the right choices and done the proper setup. Had a person over recently who is a musician and she absolutely gushed about how good both my 2 channel and multi channel systems sounded.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by audiojunky
                                What do you think? Not that I care - I'm still enjoying the 2-channel music a lot more than the HT setup :B
                                Interesting topic. I ran into the same senario when a friend came to visit my new system back when I was driving a pair of 803S's (along with a pair of SCMS's for surrounds, an HTM3S for the center and an ASW-825 subwoofer) with an all Rotel system. Given that my environment has pretty good acoustics to begin with, for an a-typical room that is, a friend of mine was completely blown away by the sounds he heard when playing movies. In fact he commented how he actually preferred my system over a $400K McIntosh surround sound system that we were later invited to privately audition. However, he wasn't quite as impressed when I ran the system in stereo. To him it was missing some body (and I agreed), still he loved the speakers and the quality of the music that he heard. I do think most typical listeners (excluding my friend) are more easily wooed by special effects than they are three dimensional soundstages.

My recent Classe' aqusition and eventually a pair of 800D's (someday I hope) will definitely be a stereo WOW factor.
                                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• miner
                                  • Mar 2005

Rebelman,
                                  Were you able to get a discount on your Classe gear in Phoenix? The Classe dealer in Houston (who recently purchased the store in Phoenix) will not come down a dime on retail Classe prices. If I could have gotten the new Delta gear ($8500 for amp & pre) for $7000 I would have done it.

Comment

• rumman
                                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by audiojunky
                                    I had purchased a Polk Audio HT setup a few months ago and I remember when my friend came over, they were totally blown away by the sound coming from the movies and they said that we wouldn't have to go to a movie theater ever again.

Recently I got a B&W 804s/ Krell 2-channel setup and the WOW factor seems to be missing. When friends come over, they like the sound and think it sounds extremely clean, but that's about it. It's not that - WOW, this is so cool, which was the case with my Polk Audio setup.

I wonder why this is so. The only logical explanation I have is that a HT system can easily add the WOW factor via impressive sound effects in movies, the 5.1 surround sound adds immersiveness to movies and adds a new dimension to it. Hence, someone viewing it will easily be impressed watching say a Star Wars pod-racer scene.

On the other hand, the 2-channel setup, even though is much more superior in every way, is all about music. So the feeling is more subtle. It's not about super cool sound effects that'll WOW the audience but more about clearer, purer sound.

As wierd as it sounds, the wow factor for my friends depends a lot on the bass volume...they wow'ed more when I added a DD-12 sub as opposed to a N804.

Comment

• JKalman
                                      • Nov 2005

Only one of my friends is into HiFi and HT. The others were impressed by my old 703s, let alone the 802Ds. Now if only they could remember the name of the 802Ds. The last person who came over said to me, when I commented on a friends Bose system, "Yeah, but you have the eighty two hundred speakers in your basement." :roll: LOL :rofl:

Comment

• Jraducha
                                        • Aug 2004

I agree with all you talking about people coming to hear your systems...its tough...i do hi end car audio and everyone is attracted to bass..why? Thats easy to produce over the top bass...where is the apprieciation for quality sound reproduction? I invited friends and family over...they take a listen..and just dont understand the sickness..I do have to admit..the young lady I am seeing now does like watching movies at home now...so that is a plus..she doesnt mess with my hobby...so it must make her a keeper...

Comment

• BTB
                                          • Jan 2006

Hi All...

I've mostly given up hoping that most of my friends or family will "get" the whole hi end audio thing. My closest friend is also a bit of a hi fi nut, and my wife is living in denial (that she too has got this monkey on her back) so I don't have it as bad as most here. As for the rest, most will stop and listen for a few seconds, say something really informed like... "Mmmm, nice and clear" and move along.

As others have already said, it's more important to get a personal sense of satisfaction out of your system building efforts, although it is gratifying if others express interest and enjoy the listening experience. That said, most folks these days tend to think that the very concept of 2ch stereo is obsolete and are, as a result, likely to be quite underwhelmed, when confronted with a full sized music system as opposed to the latest earth shaking 100.1 surround set up or the newest MP3 portable. I would say that in general the quality (or lack thereof) of music playback has simply ceased to be an issue for most people (I remember that CD was sold to the public on the grounds of sound quality, whereas MP3 simply flys the flag of convenience), and the concept of actually sitting down for an hour or two to do nothing other than listen to music is simply not within the scope of interest of most people I know. Therefore for them to be impressed by my sound, they'd first have to get over the mental block of partaking in this wierd archaic ritual!!

So, yes... some have been suprised and intrigued at just how good music that is familiar to them can sound but they don't necessarily feel inspired to pursue such sound quality for themselves, esp. once it becomes clear how much expenditure is required to achieve it!

Comment

• audioqueso
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Nov 2004

I'm just curious though... do most people here do it to try to impress others??? That's quite a bit of money to impress people. lol I often found that it's not the music that impressed my family and friends, but movies. Seeing how real it can feel with a high quality audio setup, you know. I was impressed by my 600 series HT setup. I only have a 2.1 805 setup right now, but as good as they sound with only a 2.1 setup, I'm sure I will be impressed in a HT setup just as much as I know my friends and family will be when watching a movie.

Comment

• Elmac
                                              • Apr 2004

I get WOW-ed every time i listen to it.
                                              2 years ago I upgraded from Integra (one of the best I have ever owned) receiver to Rotel 1098 combo with 1075(This was my next #1 system), men was that an improvement, 3 months after that i listen to CDM9NTs, WOW I have to have them. So I got the full B&W setup. My wife was wowed by it more than I, I think. She thought was bigger improvement than going to separates.
                                              Well I'm getting wowed again just upgraded (about a month ago) my 1098 to D2 with A2 (for fronts), and WOW (this system is the best; I will never change this one). This upgrade added another level of sound stage to my HT.
                                              But can I get better sound, well don't know till this afternoon going to my B&W dealer to listen to 804s and 803s, I hope I don't get WOW-ed again 8O :twisted: :lol:
                                              Every time I had friends or family over they always told me WOW this system sounds amazing, it’s a better sound than in the theater (they always listen to HTIB or just a step above that). It’s noting wrong with HTIB, that’s how I started a few years back just before DVD came out, when was that in 1997.
                                              So here it is, my short WOW story (till this afternoon :twisted: ).
                                              Elmac
                                              All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• JKalman
                                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                                I'm just curious though... do most people here do it to try to impress others??? That's quite a bit of money to impress people. lol I often found that it's not the music that impressed my family and friends, but movies. Seeing how real it can feel with a high quality audio setup, you know. I was impressed by my 600 series HT setup. I only have a 2.1 805 setup right now, but as good as they sound with only a 2.1 setup, I'm sure I will be impressed in a HT setup just as much as I know my friends and family will be when watching a movie.
                                                If I were, I'm failing miserably. I buy the gear for myself. I know that not many people understand the obsession with great sounding music reproduction. I would never tell any of my friends or family, except my wife because I have to, how much I have spent on my equipment or how much I plan on spending, ROFL. :rofl: That wouldn't be impressive, it would be embarrassing. ops:

The other day I had my uncle over, who is back in the area for a few weeks from the west coast, to have him listen to the system. I played the system up for a week, telling him, "You have to come hear how clear the sound is, and how three dimensional the imaging is." So what does he do after about 20-30 seconds of listening to it... He starts talking to me and isn't even listening to the music, then when I walk away in hopes he will listen more, he picks up one of the guitars he brought over and starts playing it to the music. :roll: :M

If I didn't get so much out of sitting and listening to music on my own system, this would be a thankless hobby. : I just don't get why most other people don't feel the same way about listening to music on a great system.

Comment

• JKalman
                                                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Elmac
                                                  I get WOW-ed every time i listen to it.
                                                  2 years ago I upgraded from Integra (one of the best I have ever owned) receiver to Rotel 1098 combo with 1075(This was my next #1 system), men was that an improvement, 3 months after that i listen to CDM9NTs, WOW I have to have them. So I got the full B&W setup. My wife was wowed by it more than I, I think. She thought was bigger improvement than going to separates.
                                                  Well I'm getting wowed again just upgraded (about a month ago) my 1098 to D2 with A2 (for fronts), and WOW (this system is the best; I will never change this one). This upgrade added another level of sound stage to my HT.
                                                  But can I get better sound, well don't know till this afternoon going to my B&W dealer to listen to 804s and 803s, I hope I don't get WOW-ed again 8O :twisted: :lol:
                                                  Every time I had friends or family over they always told me WOW this system sounds amazing, it’s a better sound than in the theater (they always listen to HTIB or just a step above that). It’s noting wrong with HTIB, that’s how I started a few years back just before DVD came out, when was that in 1997.
                                                  So here it is, my short WOW story (till this afternoon :twisted: ).
                                                  LOL, I'm sure you will be "WOW-ed" by those 803s and 804s. :W

Comment

• Eliav
                                                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                                    Hi
                                                    Audioquesto - you're so right !
                                                    My HT room is LOCKED. when people come to our house I don't even bother to show them my system. some of them have heard about my addiction and would ask to "take a look" they ususally are not familiar with the brand names so obviously my Classe gear does not mean a bit, some of them try to remove the tweeter out of my 803s :M , and some will sit for two minutes trying to 'listen" to some stuff. I find it stupid and worthless to try and impress them. all I do is play an audio cd and a star wars dvd for a couple of minutes and hope to get them out of my sterile environment asap.
                                                    If an audiophile comes to visit, it's a different story, then I would be more hospitable and caring, I would turn on the gear and warm it up before hands and get the best CD's that will make the system shine.. :W
                                                    \Cheers
                                                    Eliav
                                                    :T Socrat

Comment

• james_dmi
                                                      • Jan 2005

The problem people have with getting the WOW factor is that they don’t actually listen to the music / instruments that your are playing on your Hi-Fi, rather they listen to the sounds coming out of the speakers. This may sound like I have poured my brain out of my ear but what I'm saying is that they don’t immerse themselves in the experience of the music.

I believe this is because normally the eyes grab a lot more of the brains attention then the ears. So when someone walks into a room with impressive looking speakers but not a musical instrument or artist in sight they hear Hi-Fi. I had some friends over to stay a while back and whilst they were impressed with the sound of the system most of the comments were on what the speakers looked like. They ended up staying over and because the spare bed was taken they slept on a blow-up bed in the living room. On their request I left some music playing when we went to bed. The next morning my guest told my while they were lying in bed with the light off they were convinced that the singer and musicians were in the room with them and that they could here every little detail… etc during the conversation they started to sound like a hifi magazine review with all the adjectives they were using to describe the sound. They “got it” because they were immersed and that was down to them being robed of sight and thus their brain allowed them to interpret the music as real.

The problem is people are easily distracted so if you want them to get the WOW blindfold then and leave them on their own in the room with one of your best recorded tracks. Once you get back they will have learnt to relax there minds and discard the visual information from their eyes, they will be listening to the music not the Hi-Fi.

I have a stereo set up so I can’t comment on the situation with HT but I would guess that with the visual input from the film/concert the brain will be immersed / distracted enough to believe that the sound is real.
                                                      James

Comment

• james_dmi
                                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
                                                        Hi
                                                        Audioquesto - you're so right !
                                                        My HT room is LOCKED. when people come to our house I don't even bother to show them my system. some of them have heard about my addiction and would ask to "take a look" they ususally are not familiar with the brand names so obviously my Classe gear does not mean a bit, some of them try to remove the tweeter out of my 803s :M , and some will sit for two minutes trying to 'listen" to some stuff. I find it stupid and worthless to try and impress them. all I do is play an audio cd and a star wars dvd for a couple of minutes and hope to get them out of my sterile environment asap.
                                                        If an audiophile comes to visit, it's a different story, then I would be more hospitable and caring, I would turn on the gear and warm it up before hands and get the best CD's that will make the system shine.. :W
                                                        \Cheers
                                                        Eliav
                                                        I know what you mean about getting them out quick. I know most people wont “get it”, see above post, and I find there questions about cost etc embarrassing. There are one or two people I know that share love of music and like it to be reproduced as it was intended (rather then just liking the lyrics and tune) and with those people it a very different story. Unfortunately my Hi-Fi is in the living room so I usually have to go through the embarrassment ritual every time someone new comes over.
                                                        James

Comment

• Lex
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Apr 2001

For me the rub of the grin would be my speakers are my friends, even though not B & W. lol.
                                                          Doug
                                                          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Stockinv
                                                            • Jan 2005

Wow Factor

I think the wow factor can be lost because most recordings are not that great. Bad recordings on a great system will not sound that good. If you want to wow your friends and yourself, get the best recordings you can.

Comment

• RobP
                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                              • Nov 2004

"Are your friends WOW-ed over by your speakers?" Yes, very much so.

I enjoy having family and friends over to watch movies, our favorite "demo" gag is to put on the gunfight scene from Open Range, everything is quiet until that first shot, when it goes off people jump and start checking themselves for bullet wounds. :lol:
                                                              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• jim777
                                                                • Mar 2005

Great post James, I agree.

BTW people that take the time to listen to my system are very impressed too (McIntosh + 703's). Then they stop picking on me because of all the money I spended :T

Comment

• JimTW
                                                                  • Apr 2005

Wait til u lay ears on a properly setup pair of 802D's.
                                                                  U'll wet ur pants and cry "ma ma..."

Comment

• JKalman
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by JimTW
                                                                    Wait til u lay ears on a properly setup pair of 802D's.
                                                                    U'll wet ur pants and cry "ma ma..."
                                                                    Howy Cwap! What did you do when you heard the 800Ds?! :rofl:

Comment

• JimTW
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by JKalman
                                                                      Howy Cwap! What did you do when you heard the 800Ds?! :rofl:
                                                                      I dunno.. haven't heard them yet...
                                                                      Closest was Nautilus 800's, but I prefer the 802D's.
                                                                      Muahaha!

Comment

• jlr_1304
                                                                        • Aug 2005

The thing a hate most is when they touch the shinny marlin head from my 802 :M All shinny but with nice fingerprints when they leave.

The tough thing is to play a musical genre that guests like. I found also found out that Mch is more impressive to them than plain stereo.

As stated in a earlier post, most people dont listen to music anymore these days. Too much work/children/home to take care of.

Comment

• chinets
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jun 2005

With B&W: When you play DVD-A or SACD In Multi Channel or a DVD in DTS such as a concert like Pink Floyd ,or a movie like House of the flying Dragons or Star Wars ,and you have enough WOW for the whole evening.
                                                                          My 803 and 804 tweeters are what people want to Karoke with ,and that is my only draw back and anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                          Put on: For CD Jazz such as Diane Krall or Norah Jones or Brazilain Bossa Nova Music and you will have your guest WOWING and crying with joy, because that type of music makes those B&W shine like a STAR!!!!!!!
                                                                          Cheers,
                                                                          Chinets

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Jan 2006
                                                                            • 1098

I had a conversation recently that went something like this:

I was asked, by a fellow "bean-counter" (non-audiophile) after a 5 minute listening session, what those microphone-looking contraptions were on top of my speakers.

"Audio cubiculators," I replied.

"What do they do?" he asked.

"They diffract frequency anomalifications and regulate current capacitance at low impedance," was my reply.

"Oh! I've never heard such amazing sound in all my life. I suppose it's those audio thingies that do the trick," was his comment.

I let him stew in his slightly confused state for a while before telling him that they were tweeters. He took it well. He has a great sense of humour. :lol:

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Nov 2004
                                                                              • 1930

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by ShadowZA

I was asked, by a fellow "bean-counter" (non-audiophile) after a 5 minute listening session, what those microphone-looking contraptions were on top of my speakers.

"They diffract frequency anomalifications and regulate current capacitance at low impedance," was my reply.

"Oh! I've never heard such amazing sound in all my life. I suppose it's those audio thingies that do the trick," was his comment.

I let him stew in his slightly confused state for a while before telling him that they were tweeters. He took it well. He has a great sense of humour. :lol:
                                                                              :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

• Kobus
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Aug 2005
                                                                                • 402

#40
                                                                                I was asked, by a fellow "bean-counter"

Damn bean-counters

Nice story

Kobus

Comment

• Karma
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2005
                                                                                  • 801

#41
                                                                                  HI All,
                                                                                  Good thread. Years ago I gave up trying to impress the uninitiated. The only one that really counts is me. And my parrot. He prefers jazz.

I have been lucky though. In Santa Fe, there are a number of folks who are into high end audio and, most importantly, great music. Because I was professionally involved in audio, I met many of these audiophiles. Since most of these folks were very knowledgable, we traded a lot of expertise and war stories. The best part was sharing our music collections. Never in my life did I hear such fine music. Plus, most had good to fine hi fi systems. Most were into analog reproduction and several had tube based systems. The most facinating was the system based upon a pair of pristine Marantz 7B power amps. If only I could afford them.......

Sparky

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • Mar 2005
                                                                                    • 3139

#42

:roflmao: Awesome! :roflmao:

I can only imagine what your response would have been to the Marlan head!
                                                                                    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Elmac
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2004
                                                                                      • 88

#43

OK
                                                                                      I'm done like dinner
                                                                                      OK both 800's sounded amazing. Reproduction of musical concerts is way above Paradigm for HT Paradigm outperformed B&W (S8 and S4 are great they are really upfront, and that is great for HT)
                                                                                      I love the way Paradigm looked and sounded. (what an improvement from my old Studio 60s Rev2) They are a bit up front when it cames to music, 80/20 split HT/Music
                                                                                      Just installed them and Got Wowed again

Here comes opcorn:
                                                                                      I think my wife will kill me
                                                                                      :thanku:
                                                                                      Last edited by Elmac; 23 June 2006, 00:55 Friday.
                                                                                      Elmac
                                                                                      All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• RobP
                                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2004
                                                                                        • 4747

#44

Too Funny Shadow! :rofl:
                                                                                        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Boombox
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Oct 2005
                                                                                          • 203

#45
                                                                                          I don't own B&Ws, but my audience is only WOW-ed by impressive explosions and 357 magnum gunshots....

As far as audio goes (which is the main drive behind this huge investment)...it remains..."....that's nice..."....and then the topic changes to something else. People will start talking about junk completely unrelated to the quality of your sound or the beauty of a musical track.....

That to me is highly frustrating.....
                                                                                          Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"