X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

N801 Amplification

I need to change my name here. I just picked up a set of N801's today. They are still in the back of my truck because I neede someone to help me move them. I'll get them set up tomorrow.

I ordered a QSC PLX 3002 amplifier on Friday. I already have a 1202 and have used it for years with horns. It is smooth as can be and exhibits no harshness (and horns are very critical of source and picky).

Anyway, the 3002 is 550 WPC at 8 ohms (masured from 20 to 20K), 900 wpc at 4 ohms and 1500 at 2 ohms. It wil be here in teh middle of the week. I asked the salesman and he said that I can return it if I want to go for the 3402 at 700 wpc at 8, 1100 wpc at 4 and 1700 wpc at 2 ohms. Shoudl I go for th eextra power? The price increase is de minimus.

Next question. Should I Bi Amp? I had my Klipschorns tri amped using a digital active crossover. I know that on the B&W's I will utilize the internal crossover to do so. I have a QSC 200/325/600 wpc amp that I can use for the high end.

Thanks,

Chris
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

700wpc :E

Ohh, pics are a must, or ban! :
    B&W

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
      700wpc :E

Ohh, pics are a must, or ban! :
      I just found out that the 700 wpc amp draws 12 amps and requires a special plug. I am going to take a day to decide. I think that teh way to go is use teh 550 wpc for the woofers and a 200 wpc amp that I have for the midrange and tweeters.

How do I post pics?

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

• Race Car Driver
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

You can "add attachment" in the reply, then you can load pics from your PC.
        B&W

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
          You can "add attachment" in the reply, then you can load pics from your PC.
          Test - 100 kb limit. That's kind of small. I'll have to resize. I took pics in the smallest setting, VGA.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"