X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewbert
    • Aug 2005

N803/4 comapred too the 803/4S

As I cannot find a place to listen to the older Nautilus line I figured Id ask you guys. So is there really a noticible difference between the series? Is it worth paying the extra money for?
    -Drew
  • akhter
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Drewbert
    As I cannot find a place to listen to the older Nautilus line I figured Id ask you guys. So is there really a noticible difference between the series? Is it worth paying the extra money for?
    This issue has been beaten to death...many here can hear a noticable difference. When I compared the 804S with the N804, I couldn't tell them apart, so I got N804 at a substantial discount over the new ones. It might depend on your music taste, you other components, or even your ears. I tried both models with a setup pretty much identical to mine (different input component) and I brought my own CDs.

I didn't get a chance to compare the diamond tweeter with the non-diamond ones, but they were way beyond my budget so I didn't bother...

Comment

• Ade
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Drewbert
      My next door neighbour has a pair of N804 hooked up to a couple of massive Class A monoblocks. I haven't had the chance to hear them yet but it's going to be interesting to compare them to my 804S attached to a Denon 4306 receiver when they arrive.

Besides the sound differences as far as I'm aware the crossover in the older N804 is fairly inefficient so requires a far more capable amp to drive them compared to the 804S.

And please, no comments from anyone on driving the 804S with a receiver - I've already been through a few circular arguments about this on another site.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

What! A receiver for the N804? Blasphemy.

Comment

• Ade
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by miner
          Nope, I said 804S. Different beasty entirely.

Comment

• Drewbert
            • Aug 2005

Sorry that its been covered a lot... I just didnt really find what I was looking for.... thanks nonetheless
            -Drew

Comment

• audiojunky
              • Mar 2006

Can someone please post a picture (or link) of a N804. Thanks!

Comment

• Ade
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by audiojunky
                Can someone please post a picture (or link) of a N804. Thanks!
                Take a look in the picture thread http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=10838. The N804 look the same as the 804S.

Comment

• akhter
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by miner
                  Arcam AVR300. Enough said.... :W

Comment

• miner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ade
                    Nope, I said 804S. Different beasty entirely.
                    Double blasphemy

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"