Suggestions for speaker cables for the 300 or 600 series.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RH Customs
    • May 2006

Suggestions for speaker cables for the 300 or 600 series.

What speaker cables are you running with your 300 or 600 series speakers? I'm looking to upgrade and wanted to here some affordable suggestions.

Thanks
    "Yes, but these go up to aleven" Spinal Tap

RH
    :-y
  • Sim reality
    • Aug 2005

Generically: as thick as you can find them.

In this forum: CatCables is our sponser and therefore make the best cables in the world!

Comment

• RH Customs
      • May 2006

I understand the CAT Cables are nice, but they are out of my price range. Any other suggestions.

Thanks

RH

Comment

• P1et
        • Jan 2006

I don't mind the Monster Cables that I'm running. I have the Z2 Biwire:

<<LINK REMOVED>>

I bought them used for $90 I think. Haven't hooked them up yet, even though I've had them for over a year.

Comment

• wgriel
          • May 2006

Personally, I wouldn't spend a fortune on cable - you do want adequate guage, but beyond that I believe it's not an area that gives you great return for your investment. Hope that doesn't ruffle any feathers

Having said that, blue jeans cable is pretty highly regarded and reasonably priced: <<LINK REMOVED>>

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't own any cable from the above site, nor do I have any connection with them. I have some radio shack cable and some bulk tributaries cable and I'm happy with that.

Bill

Comment

• marano
            • May 2006

Check out Blue Jean Cable <<LINK REMOVED--please, no links to competing cable brands!!--Admin>> I just bought some 10AWG Belden...

Comment

• P1et
              • Jan 2006

Why can we not post links to "competing" cable brands?

A bit strange...

Comment

• marano
                • May 2006

strange indeed

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by P1et
                  Why can we not post links to "competing" cable brands?

A bit strange...

Guys, here are a couple things for you to read, the two items 8 and 10 were items in the terms that you agreed to follow when you signed up to become a member of this forum. Also in the link provided below another bit of reading for you to help you understand why you cannot post links to competing cable brands. I am sure that after you read these items that you will understand completely.

#8- Direct Links to products or companies in direct competition to our advertisers are not to be hot linked. You can talk about them casually, but you can't link to them.

#10- This forum is part of MatrixAV, the parent company of both HTGuide.com and several cable brands. As a result of this relationship, guidelines are in place for discussions related to audio/video cables. Click here to read these guidelines.

Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2003

Soundgravy,

Well said...

Plus of all the threads in all the HTguide forum'd experience has shown that cable discussions have the greatest tendency to get out of hand and invoke people's passion... So generally I like to keep them polite and discourage any form of argument etc... Easier that way! (Not that anyone was being impolite in this thread of course) - just a clarification as to why A tight reign is kept!

Geoff

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Sim reality
                      Generically: as thick as you can find them.

In this forum: CatCables is our sponsor and therefore make the best cables in the world!
                      They are indeed our sponsor. I have a quite a few of CatCables (bought at normal prices too!) and they are my most valued cables and hand's down the best value for money in cables I have found (hence my having many of them). I have a particular fondness for the Silver Digital and the Silver Kingcats...

I would never claim CatCables are the best in the world. Just great value, beautifully built (handmade by the owner Doug - AKA Lex) and (for those that "believe" in cables) sound way better than their prices would suggest. Indeed for the Silver cables, I have had to listen to truely "silly" priced cables from the more well known brands to even come close.

Geoff

Comment

• Kevin P
                        • Aug 2000

The main reason for our policy on cable threads is two-fold:

1. As Geoff mentioned, cable discussions can get heated and out-of-hand pretty fast. Like politics and religion, everyone has their own opinions and beliefs, and they all differ.

2. Doug (Lex) owns both this forum and two companies that make cables (CAT and Quantum). Running a forum on the internet costs money, and that money has to come from somewhere, since we don't charge subscription fees, it comes from our advertisers, including CAT and Quantum.

So, when you buy cables from CAT and Quantum, or other products from our advertisers, you're helping to support this site. Plus, to find cables better than CATs, you'd have to spend a LOT more money.

As you travel around this world wide web, you'll find that many forums such as this are sponsor-supported, and carry similar rules about posting links to competitors. Some are more strict than we are about it.

Comment

• RH Customs
                          • May 2006

No problem, I was merely asking what are some affordable upgrades, but I will leave this thread, and take this as my last post so that I don't violate any rules. This is my favorite audio forum.

Thanks
                          Last edited by RH Customs; 30 June 2006, 13:27 Friday.

RH

Comment

• P1et
                            • Jan 2006

Understood, thanks.

Comment

• wgriel
                              • May 2006

Apologies for not reading the forum rules more closely - and I do realize the situation here isn't unique among web based forums where many are sponsored by one or more companies.

And on that note I would like to thank the sponsors for providing this web forum - it's a very valuable resource to me, and should the opportunity arise I'll be happy to purchase from the sponsor as a means of saying "thanks".

Bill

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Sim reality
                                In this forum: CatCables is our sponser and therefore make the best cables in the world!
                                :lol:

I laughed quite a bit at that statement! :B Good bit of humor there.

I understand what the mods are saying, and try to follow the rules.
                                Limiting the discussion for means of preventing flame wars is a great idea, especially in the realm of opionions, theory, and hearsay of cables.
                                Direct links, hey its dougs sandbox, his rules, so no arguements there. But I think others should be able to make recomendations on different companys.
                                Why? How is one to know/learn about new brands, what is good what is not.
                                The fact is, if CAT is a such a great value, great cable for the money, their should be no reason to block other brands.

But I will have to agree, the prices for CATs seem fair, and they look like quality cables.
                                I may have to give them a shot some time soon. :T
                                B&W

Comment

• Sim reality
                                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                                  I laughed quite a bit at that statement! :B Good bit of humor there.
                                  Thanks! For a sec there I thought the humour was lost on everyone...

Comment

• pramod
                                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kevin P
                                    The main reason for our policy on cable threads is two-fold:

1. As Geoff mentioned, cable discussions can get heated and out-of-hand pretty fast. Like politics and religion, everyone has their own opinions and beliefs, and they all differ.

2. Doug (Lex) owns both this forum and two companies that make cables (CAT and Quantum). Running a forum on the internet costs money, and that money has to come from somewhere, since we don't charge subscription fees, it comes from our advertisers, including CAT and Quantum.

So, when you buy cables from CAT and Quantum, or other products from our advertisers, you're helping to support this site. Plus, to find cables better than CATs, you'd have to spend a LOT more money.

As you travel around this world wide web, you'll find that many forums
                                    such as this are sponsor-supported, and carry similar rules about posting links to competitors. Some are more strict than we are about it.

Hello There,

I'm intressted to buy the cat cables, RCA ones, how much I have to pay for the shipping....??? or ther any local dealers here in Dubai for this cables..
                                    as I said I live in UAE (United Arab Emirates)....

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Oct 2003

Pramod,

Try the website www.catcables.com to see some of their products or email doug@catcables.com re shipping, features, custom requirements etc. Basically as it is made to order you can have what you want!

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"