X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B&W 700 Guy
    • Jun 2006

How well does the HTM4s or 3s match the 703 speaker

I have not listened to the HTM4s or 3s matched with 703 speakers. I have seen a few posts on 800 Series speakers matched with a HTM7, but, not the 703's with the 800 Series Center Channel Speaker.

Has anybody tried this?

PS: what is the MSRP of a HTM4s?

Thanks
    Last edited by B&W 700 Guy; 08 July 2006, 15:45 Saturday.
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

Take a second look, I think that many have tries 800 series centers with 703's. If I remember, the HTM3S is the best match for the 703's because it the only center with a FST and standard tweeters.

Comment

• B&W 700 Guy
      • Jun 2006

Jim,

I agree with you on some of your points, but there are many people with 800 series speaker and HTM7 centers. One I can think of is Briz. He is running 804's with HTM7 center. I have not seen anybody running 703's with 800 center channel speakers. That is why I am asking the question. I can see the HTM3S, but what about the HTM4S. I dont know if anybody has tried this?

Thanks

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

B&W 700 Guy,

The HTM4S has he same drivers as the 805S and SCMS and is designed to match them. While a better speaker than the HTM7 it is still basically a 2 way. Your 703s have the FST driver and ideally (for many people's ears) require a FST driver centre for the midrange sound to match. This means the new HTM3S or the older HTM1. Indeed you can (sometimes) get the older HTM1 quite well priced as a trade-in and I would get this if priced well. Otherwise re the HTM4S - I would say why bother - save the extra for the HTM3S for the much better tonal matching you will get.

Geoff
        Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 10 July 2006, 10:08 Monday. Reason: Correction of HTM2 to HTM1

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

Aussie,

I assume you mean the older HTM1, right? The HTM2 did not have the FST midrange driver either...more comperable to the HTM4S.

Brad
          Brad

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

Blindamood,

You're right - a senior moment from me! I have corrected the post now!

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"