• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sm1
    • Aug 2006

Help with Subwoofer settings with Nautilus speakers

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, so a big hello!

I'm setting up a HT system with the followinh stuff- Nautilus 802s for main L+R. Nautilus HTM1 for the centre and Nautilus SCM1 for the rear L&R. I'm also using Lexicon MC12 Balanced for the pre-amp. For subs, I'm using a pair of Velodyne DDS12 for Main L+R.

Can anyone help with what crossover settings I use for the speakers so that I get the best from the system?

Many thanks

SM
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

What is the freq rating of the 802s? I have my B&W ASW800 sub Xover set at 50 Hz; my N804 mains freq response goes down to 45 Hz. A small overlap. I suggest a 5-10 Hz overlap between sub & mains.

Comment

• sm1
      • Aug 2006

Thanks for your input. The specs for the 802 say they go down to 38Hz +/- 2dB.

I should have mentioned that the Lexicon processor does the digital crossovers for the speakers so the L/R are already filtered at the chosen frequencies. The crossover settings are by-passed on the subs.

How do I deal with this?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"