X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yourtoys7
    • Feb 2006

804S to Nautilus 802, is it worth it ?

:roll: I might have an option to trade my 2month old 804S for 802 Nautilus. Guys help me out! hot big is the change/ upgrade? how power hungry are they?
    I'm running now throught Rotel 1057 (I know it's not enuph power for 804 S, but I really enjoy them and was thinking to get Bryston 4B SST later on.......), but will get older rotel 2x200 amp. to get me going for some time. Will Bryston in future be ok for 802 Nautilus ?
    thanks for any help........
    Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
    PSB T6,
    Velodyne SPL 1000R
    Rotel RSX-1057
    Rotel RB-1070
    OPPO 103
    Apple TV
    [
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

i upgraded from 804s to 802d and for me it was well worth it. the 802 is better than the 804 in every way, deeper bass, smoother highs, fuller sound, etc. i currently use a parasound halo a21 (250x2) amp and it sounds great. i do want to upgrade to some monos in the future but what i have is fine. overall, i love my 802d!

all that being said, i have never heard the nautilus 802. also, you need to consider your room size. is it big enough for 802s?

Comment

• yourtoys7
      • Feb 2006

My room is 19 x 20 and 12 where my set up is (partial divition for staircase going up from family room),
      Last edited by yourtoys7; 13 August 2006, 18:09 Sunday.
      Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
      PSB T6,
      Velodyne SPL 1000R
      Rotel RSX-1057
      Rotel RB-1070
      OPPO 103
      Apple TV
      [

Comment

• tboooe
        • Jun 2005

oh, that room is plenty big enough for the 802. if you like the way the 802 sound then go for it!

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
          • Jun 2006

I have N801's with Bryston 7B ST's - works very well. How loud do you listen? I listen at low levels and don't really use that much of the Bryston's power. However, the 801's are extremely power hungry so consider as much quality amp as you can get.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Id trade 804s for 802s for sure! Your room sounds plenty big.
            My room is too small for mine, but I cant to anything about that.
            I had an older Aragon 200x2 running my 802s for about a year until I got the 7bs. That is now bi amping the HTM1.
            Brystons on the 802 =

Do ittttttttt! :T
            Attached Files
            B&W

Comment

• Briz vegas
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

804s to N802 - That would be the mids, lows, fabulous looks & prestige vs the highs and the driver integration of the newer series. Interesting choice. Personally I would be throwing the 803D into the mix as I would guess that the N802 is likely to be in that price range. It lacks some of the prestige but has the diamond tweeter and other D upgrades. Have fun choosing. !!!!!!
              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
              Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Briz vegas
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Race Car Driver - looking at your photo I have to admit that its more that just prestige with the 802, they really do look cool. Now what about the size of your screen. Surely with such big sound you need a big picture. 8O 8O 8O 8O opcorn: 8O 8O 8O hone:
                Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Haha, your the second one to say that in the last few hrs.
                  This is true, need a bigger TV, but the funds keep going to the audio equip... and thats fine, because TV prices keep dropping.
                  Ill get around to it one of these days.

yourtoys7, you want the 802s.... you know you do!
                  B&W

Comment

• yourtoys7
                    • Feb 2006

Race Car Driver,
                    How big is your room? your setup is nice.
                    The look of 802 so something else!!! 1st time I saw the 802, I paused........ and enjoyed the view for some time. I do really like the 804S but to be honest looks do matter :> and in this case the might take over.
                    Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                    PSB T6,
                    Velodyne SPL 1000R
                    Rotel RSX-1057
                    Rotel RB-1070
                    OPPO 103
                    Apple TV
                    [

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                      Personally I would be throwing the 803D into the mix as I would guess that the N802 is likely to be in that price range. It lacks some of the prestige but has the diamond tweeter and other D upgrades. Have fun choosing. !!!!!!
                      This will come down to personal taste. The 803d will have more detail, but lacks the soundstage (fullness, depth) of the N802. Personally, I prefer the N802.
                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"