X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • umasgrad
    • Jul 2006

Wall mounting/drilling 601s ?

How do I wall mount 601s? It is going to be my surrounds and. I was looking at some not so expensive mounts, but they require drilling the B&Ws !
    I am not able to imagine putting two holes in the beautiful 601s. But it looks like the most inexpensive and resonably good looking option ( I have no place to put it on stands).

If I should drill a hole, is this okay? does it not affect any circuitry or for that matter the drive inside. Where should I fix it, in the middle, just above the connectors. obviously I am afraid of damaging it, any suggestions?
    Thanks

My system :
    ROTEL-RSX1057
    B&W 602s3 monitors
    B&W 601s3 Surrounds (yet to be mounted)
    B&W LCR600
    Denon DVD 1920
    REL Storm V
    Monster TOS Interlink
    Kimber 8TC
    Monster THX Ultra 1000 LFE cable
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

why not put up a shelf?!?! Lowes/Home Depot have "rubbermaid" shelving that is pre-coated black pieces of wood made in small lengths that can go up with adjustable height shelves or fixed height brackets. Makes it nice and easy and then you don't have to drill any holes in your B&Ws.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• umasgrad
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
      why not put up a shelf?!?! Lowes/Home Depot have "rubbermaid" shelving that is pre-coated black pieces of wood made in small lengths that can go up with adjustable height shelves or fixed height brackets. Makes it nice and easy and then you don't have to drill any holes in your B&Ws.
      Would'nt there be vibrations mounting it on a plank? Also I need a mechanims to be able to adjust the height by fee inches and the angle by few degree should I need some twaeking.

Comment

• ABSiNTH
        • Aug 2006

Check out how i mounted my 601s in my ht pics (see signature). I went to lowe's and bought anchor mount shelves..,only cost like 20 bones. Vibration is not a problem...I went and bought cabinent liner (like the rubber liner to put your dishes on inside your kitchen cabinents). They dont move at all and my hsu vtf3 mk2 sub is right close to them. The rubber liner grips and hold the 601 just fine. Let me know if you have further questions.
        Thanks,

-ABSiNTH

View my My Home Theater Blog
        View my Home Theater Picture Gallery

Comment

• umasgrad
          • Jul 2006

Tahnks guys, It looks simple and neat to just put up a shelf. The price of stands are abou 90$, looks like I could save some towards my next upgrade.

Comment

• mel221
            • Mar 2005

I needed to hang a pair of 601's from the ceiling. I drilled through the back of the cabinent and bolted an Omnimount bracket. I then could angle the speaker exactly as I needed to.

This picture shows the bracket mounted to the back of the speaker. When you drill the cabinent, make sure the drill does not catch any of the filler material.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"